Deaf Interpreter Training
May 23 - 29, 2016
Still a few spots available for Registration.
If you are interested in taking a DI training, please click on the flyer for more information. The registration fee is going to increase before May 1st.
If you have any questions, please contact us.
Tim and Kim
Sign Language Interpreting Solutions (SLIS) is a new and innovative approach to booking Sign Language Interpreters.
The mission of Sign Language Interpreting Solutions is to increase the understanding, respect, and equality of Deaf, Deafened and Hard of Hearing people in Ontario. SLIS is committed to advancing the profession of sign language interpretation by:
- Providing high quality American Sign Language (ASL) interpretation
- Assisting and supporting interpreters of all experience in their journey towards becoming competent and ethical interpreters
- Creating greater public awareness and understanding of Sign Language interpreting and the benefit of booking interpreters
- Creating a fast and convenient process to request interpreters for your interpreting needs
- Respecting the needs and desires of the Ontario Deaf community
All of our qualified and dedicated sign language interpreters are members of the Association of Visual Language Interpreters of Canada (AVLIC) and the Ontario Association of the Deaf (OAD).
Interpreters facilitate communication between Deaf and hearing people in a wide range of settings, including:
- job training
- workshops & conferences
- government services & programs
- mental health
- and more...